Sparkle and Savor
Celebrate the holiday season with Sparkle & Savor, an interactive culinary series pairing a five-course gala dinner with sparkling wines and champagnes from around the world. Limited Seating Available.
Chef Brad Cecchi
Paired with Michel Gonet Champagne
$275 per person
Brad Cecchi – Host Chef, Solage Resort
- As a graduate of the Culinary Arts program at American River College and later the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY, Brad learned the classical ways of cooking and returned to Sacramento with his fine-tuned skills. With those skills, plus Northern California’s farmers, ranchers, artisans and vintners in his backyard, he was on the road to success. Cecchi’s first job after graduating college was opening Mulvaney’s Building and Loan.
- Patrick Mulvaney was an inspiration and a mentor, which led to opening The Citizen Hotel and Grange where he served as Chef de Cuisine for five years, first under Michael Tuohy and then Oliver Ridgway. Grange gave him the experience and freedom to express his style and create a presence in the industry. Leaving Grange was bittersweet, but, in order to grow, he packed up his family and joined former Grange General Manager, Troy Christian, in opening Urban Farmer and the Westin Downtown Cleveland as Executive Chef. This 200 seat farm to table steakhouse, 484 room hotel, and $15 million food and beverage sales project is Cecchi’s biggest project to date and gave him the tools needed to go to the next challenge, a Michelin Starred restaurant in Napa Valley, where he currently resides.
- As the Chef de Cuisine of the Michelin Starred Solbar in the 88 room, luxury hotel resort, Solage, he is able to use ingredients from his hometown of Sacramento. Passmore Ranch caviar and Capay Organics produce, for example, showcase his style and sense of home to visitors of Napa Valley from across the globe. Brad was honored and humbled to be part of maintaining one Michelin Star in both 2016 and 2017
Sophie Gonet – Cellar Master from Michel Gonet
- Founded in 1802 by Charles Gonet, the family owned Champagne house has been producing award winning Champagnes for more than 7 generations.
- The Gonet family owns over 40 hectares (98+acres) of vineyards in the champagne region of France stretching from South of Epernay Grand Cru villages of Avize, Oger and Le Mesnil sur Oger to the hillsides of Sezannes to Vindey. The Pinot Noir vineyards are located in Fravaux on the hillsides of Bar sur Aubois in the south of Champagne.
- The Cote de Blancs Grand Cru (highest distinction in Champagne) vineyards are protected by the mountain of Reims from cold winds and from the rains that falls in the Marne Valley. The combination of the climate and soil in the area are the essential features for Grand Cru classification.
- The family’s main emphasis is on quality rather than volume and as a result the products have earned many awards over the years.
- Champagne Michel Gonet is sold in selected locations throughout the World where they have many fans. Michel Gonet has now retired and he has put his daughter Sophie at the helm of the Gonet Champagne House
- Sophie is making her mark in the industry with more award winning vintage and non-vintage Champagnes year after year. Sophie has the honor to be the President of Women Winegrowers of Champagne and also “‘ Universe du Gout en Champagne.”